Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pain

I refuse to simply look at the bad things in life.  I refuse to be cynical.  I refuse to wallow in things that suck, but that I can't change.  Because honestly, I have an amazing life.  I am so lucky, in so many ways.  I have a great family; yeah, they frustrate me, but they are HERE.  I have an amazing twin.  I have a boyfriend that I am in love with, and who loves me too.  I have friends I would die for, and who would do the same for me.  High school has been, more than anything, a discovery of why I need to stop throwing myself pity parties.  So my friend lied? So what.  If I don't want to be around negative energy, I don't need to be around it.  So I was completely felled by several guys?  That's because God was waiting to show me the best one.  Yes, I believe that everything happens for a reason.  I have free will, too.  Nothing's going to happen if I sit on my ass and wait.  But I am a firm believer in the fact that I'm only given what I can handle.  And I am so, so, so, so happy to be who I am, where I am.  We are all more lucky than we know. Someone's always in more pain than you.  Today, I'm praying for the people I know who need some help, in whatever way they need it.  I hope that they can find peace, in some way, whatever way the need it.  And I hope they know my love for them, and the love they hold inside them, is stronger than any of the bad stuff that can come their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment