Monday, January 17, 2011

Friend me!

If a tree falls in a forest without being written about in a status or twittered, does it make a sound?  I watched "The Social Network" with one of my best friends, and the whole time I kept thinking, "wow, I'm going to feel strange ever writing a facebook status ever again."  Because this movie puts straight into a glaring spotlight the obsession that our generation has with broadcasting something to the world, often while it's still happening.  I'm just as guilty of it as everyone else.  I'm reminded how I was tempted to write "I'm skiing a blue square!" right before I went down a hill on my ski vacation.  Why do we feel the need to talk about everything that happens to us?  Is it because we feel that without informing all of our friends what has just happened, it hasn't occured?  And perhaps the scariest thought of all, are we too busy living a virtual life to live our real ones? 
  That creeps me out to no end.  So I've decided to no longer check Facebook from my phone, or status from my phone.  Try to limit it to one status a day.  Because truly, life is too short to live it online.  There's too much out there to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment