Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Phwa Phwa Moments

I was thinking about posting something cool, metaphysical, crazy-deep. And then I was like, shit, I don't feel well and I don't want to go back to school. So time for a funny, what's off the top of my head kind of wall post.  I now present, in living colour:

THE PHWA PHWA MOMENT.

The phwa phwa moment often occurs when you least expect it.  Usually, everything is streaming forward in Disney-animation level beauty.  For example, you are texting a really cute guy.  He is totally flirting, turning up the heat, making you shiver in antici......pation. You feel like sparkles are going to shoot out of your ears--this is the most amazing thing you've experience...well, at least in a few days.  And then, out of the blue, he says "Hey, could I have the phone number of your best friend? like, i know she's dating that one guy,or whatever, but she's hot." Cue that horrible, depressing tuba fart sound effect-- the Phwa Phwa Moment in action.

I have had a million phwa phwas in my life.  In fact, my facebook status updates often end with something like phwa phwa that ----. These moments live to bring you down. Make you cry.  I'm a horrible crier; I cry about everything, and these are the worsts.  The time when you think everything is going to go your way, for once, and then *phwa!!!!!*. Meh.

So, I am proposing a new action: let us fight the phwa phwas.  Instead of getting depressed about something not going your way, take a deep breath, imagine a sparkly sound effect, and say, "Screw it, I'm putting on some lipgloss and going to Starbucks/painting my nails/smashing some pottery".  A resolution I can embrace whole heartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment