Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions....and the fallacies who love them

Ah, resolutions.  A love/hate topic, to be sure.  I, for one, adore making resolutions.  Have I ever really kept one? No. But the delicious sense of purpose that they give you, the feeling that maybe this year your life will stay on track with this list of five things, is empowering.  So, I have once again fallen into the trap.  Here is a list, which I have the very best intentions of following, of what I wish to achieve this year.

1.Figure out my life, re:college
2. Find the time to enjoy the people I love to be with, and stop worrying about hanging out with those who don't deserve my time.
3.  Stress=slow and painful death. GOAL:no panic attacks.
4. Write more. Read more.
5. A subpoint of 4: stop facebooking. Go read some Descartes.
6. Actually do my homework. What a concept.
7. ONE SODA A WEEK. ONE. Lauren, seriously, one. please.
8. Do some yoga and stretching every day. You will be a lithe, lotus machine.
9.No, you do NOT need those cheese curds with your chicken, or that brownie with your meal. Eat light and healthy, and enjoy it.
10. Get back into running.  You liked it! No, really, you did.
11. Final Resolution: love yourself.
I have decided to devote a blog entry to this last one.  I think it merits it. stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. chiquita your resolutions are almost the same as mine! let's be resolution buddies; it's hard enough going at it on your own <3

    ReplyDelete